Our vision is to be the premier leader in innovative, comprehensive, creative and state-of-the-art maritime training.
Mid Atlantic Maritime Academy is a highly respected, state-of-the-art vocational training center established for individuals who seek to enter the exciting maritime profession, as well as mariners seeking to advance their careers. MAMA offers 90+ USCG approved deck courses and engineering courses along with tailored courses. We are dedicated to providing outstanding training to civilian and military mariners from around the globe. Our expert staff of highly regarded, seasoned instructors provide a combination of unequaled teaching techniques with cutting-edge technology such as “hands-on” equipment systems maintenance and interactive simulations.
Just want to thank you and everyone there at Mid Atlantic. I passed my Chief Mates License exam, it went really well. I took all 9 exams in three days and let Richard know that I got a 100 on Stability.
WE OFFER PRACTICAL PROGRAMS AND CUSTOMIZED COURSES THAT:
• Prepare our students with the skills and knowledge for success in today’s maritime industry
• Facilitate entry & advancement in the merchant marine at support, operational & management levels
• Meet or exceed the regulatory & industry demand for training with customized courses and related services
• Provide training for standard & advanced operations and watch-keeping
• Prepare for Coast Guard licensing exams
• Include continuing education programs
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
• The goals and objectives of our students
• The needs and satisfaction of our students
• Creating a challenging and dynamic work environment for our employees
ABOUT OUR ORIGINS:
In 2007 Mid Atlantic Maritime Academy (MAMA) bought the assets of Tidewater School of Navigation and began operations in June 1, of 2007. Capt. Jim Miller was instrumental in the start up of the MAMA enterprise at that time, along with others. In October of 2008, The Maritime University, (TMU) was formed as the Engineering branch of MAMA. January 2011, both MAMA and TMU became MAMA/TMU LLC as a single entity known to all as Mid Atlantic Maritime Academy or MAMA.